Sunday, September 20, 2009

They're cutting the power soon

Posted by Chris H.

We're approaching rock bottom in the office, and by "we" I of course mean "I." Laura and the rat haven't been seen in days. Dave doesn't return my calls. The others never really moved in to begin with so it's hard to say that they've been lost so much as they made a calculated desertion during the turmoil. It's not a surprising result, but there's that bitter tang of disappointment that fills my mouth with a dusty dryness. More likely that's the asbestos in the building, but so it goes.

Trappings are, of course, at times just that. But at other times one must look serious to be serious. While one could easily interpret the coming spell of emptiness in this space as a sign of death, one should not do this! At the very least your trusty narrator (me) will continue with idle chatter until such time that a more substantial product may be put before your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment