Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fleeing the Scene

Posted by Dave C.

"You weren't expecting regular updates, were you, Hanney? I'm out getting office supplies." I said, thumbing out on a text message.

I had left the damp and filthy office for the drier and somewhat cleaner bathroom at the nearby Coffee Time, if only for the brief relief. Thankfully the neighbourhood, in daylight hours, is slightly safer then the office itself. Here I painstakingly crafted my first submission to the magazine. It took a few revisions, so I was out of the office most of the day.

I wondered what Management would say, briefly. Then, also briefly, I worried about Hanney's mental and bacterial health. On the way back to the office I picked up a gallon of Lysol. I tied my work to the jug, knocked on the door and bolted for freedom.


To whom it may concern.

I here by give notice of intention to take the period of August 22nd 2009 through august 31st 2009 as 6 of my 10 vacation days. Please mark it in the company calendar.

Thank you
Dave C.


P.S. Attached is the receipt of the Lysol. Please reinburse in cash (preferably) or make checks out to "East Don Holdings". Thanks -D

No comments:

Post a Comment